Current Openings

We are currently recruiting for several Mental Health positions for a new component of our Short Term Residential Treatment Program( STRTP):

Mental Health Clinician(  Registered and/or Licensed)

Typical duties may include, but is not limited to completing clinical assessments within 5 days of placement, establishing treatment plans to restore youths functionality and reduce their symptoms, participation in interdisciplinary treatment planning, CFT meetings, provide individual, group and family therapy, case management duties and completion of proper documentation for Medi- Cal billing in order to meet productivity goals.

Candidates in licensed positions may serve as the Head of Service completing clinical reviews to determine transition plans for youth every 90 days, will review progress notes and needs & services plans for approval and signature and will visit the STRTP sites regularly to provide clinical guidance to direct care staff to ensure proper delivery of services.

Min Education/Experience Requirements:  Must possess a Master's Degree from an accredited or state approved graduate school in social work, social welfare, marriage, family and child counseling, child psychology, and counseling psychology. Completion of three semester units or 100 days field practice or experience in a public or private social services agency at the Master’s Degree Level; nine semester units or coursework related to children and families, or 18 months experience in working with children and families; at least three semester units in working with minority population: or six months in-service training in working with minority population within the first year of employment as a condition of employment and at least three semester units in child welfare, or two years’ experience in a public or private child welfare social services setting. Associate registration or licensure through the Board of Behavioral Science for the Licensed Positions.

Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialists- 7-8 positions available

The Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialists will work in collaboration with the clinical treatment team to ensure proper delivery of services to the youth in the STRTP Program. If the youth requires services outside the expertise of the agency the Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist in collaboration with the Mental Health clinician will locate community services to ensure they meet the unique needs of the youth. They will manage the case in coordination with the clinical staff to ensure services to the youth are provided in accordance with the approved case plan, complete intake summaries, provide regular progress notes and will complete transition plans for the youth. They will attend appropriate sessions and represent the youth in CFT meetings to discuss their progress towards reaching their treatment goals in coordination with all stakeholders individuals involved in the case.

Min Education/Experience Requirements:  Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Child Development, Psychology, and Social Work or other behavioral science field + 4 years experience in a mental health setting OR Current enrollment in a Master’s Degree Program in Social Work, Rehabilitation Counseling, Marriage and Family counseling or psychology and 2 years of experience in a mental health setting.

Child Care Worker I

We currently have openings for Child Care Worker I positions in our Residential Treatment Facilities. We currently have several positions open including overnight shifts .  

Job Description Summary

The Child Care Worker I position requires the staff to supervise adolescent clients ages 12-17 in a group home setting. The clients are referred from Social Service and Juvenile Probation Departments for a 3-6 month placement to receive services for behavioral, mental health and substance abuse issues.

The Child Care Worker I supervises the clients teaching them appropriate social skills, interpersonal skills, conflict resolution skills, etc. The position requires staff to transport the clients in company vehicles to school, appointments, and activities. Additionally, the staff is required to administer medication to the clients, assist them with light housekeeping, homework, etc.

Minimum Education and/or Experience Requirements:

  • Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree preferable

  • A valid child development teaching permit or completed 12 semester units of early childhood education, adolescent development or Foster and Kinship education and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth

  • A valid certificate as an Alcohol Counselor, Drug Counselor or Alcohol and Drug Counselor, and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth

  • A valid vocational training certificate, credential, or documentation demonstrating that the individual is a trade journeyperson who instructs children in vocational skills and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth as a mentor, athletic coach, teacher, vocational coach, tutor, counselor or other relevant experience as determined by the dept

  • Have been previously employed as a full-time staff or served as a volunteer at a group home, short- term residential therapeutic program, or substance abuse treatment program for one year

  • Have relevant life experience in the child welfare, mental health or juvenile justice systems as a consumer, mentor or caregiver or other relevant experience as determined by the dept.

Applicants must have a valid California Driver’s license, good driving record, auto insurance policy, pass a criminal record clearance, provide transcripts confirming college units or degree following up with a copy of official transcripts from the University you attended.

If interested in any of these positions please email a detailed cover letter + resume to or fax resumes to (559) 439-1007.